When should you consider remortgaging?
- Before your current mortgage deal finishes
- If you want to borrow more money or amend your current mortgage review the whole market and find the most appropriate deal
- If your personal circumstances change: for example you want to pay down a lump sum
- If you want to borrow money and increase your mortgage to cover the cost of home improvements
Will you be able to remortgage?
Our mortgage brokers are used to working with a variety of clients and can review your current mortgage to check if you will be eligible to remortgage. Some mortgage deals may not allow you to remortgage. Similarly some mortgage products have penalties for switching so it may not be worth you remortgaging. You should also remember that even though you are looking to remortgage you may still have to pay valuation fees, legal fees and mortgage arrangement fees.
Which mortgage products are available to customers remortgaging?
Our qualified mortgage brokers can discuss a variety of mortgage products available to you to ensure that when you remortgage you choose the right mortgage product for your personal circumstances.
Our mortgage brokers often work with clients over many years by regularly reviewing their remortgage options. However we also work with families and couples who are remortgaging for the first time and buy to let investors.
We work with clients interested in the following types of mortgages
- Fixed rate mortgages – The advantage of fixed rate mortgages is that you know your monthly payments because they are fixed for a set period of time.
- Variable rate mortgages – Variable rate mortgage payments vary depending on the level of interest rates. They include tracker rate mortgages that normally track the Bank of England base rate.
- Capped rate mortgages are variable mortgages but the amount you pay is normally capped at a certain rate.
- Discount rate mortgages are variable rate mortgages often offered at a discount to the standard variable rate for a certain period of time.
How can our mortgage brokers save you time and money?
Our mortgage broking team will review your financial situation and discuss how much money you can borrow based on your income and expenditure, credit history and affordability criteria.
Our mortgage advisers can simplify the mortgage process. We check the mortgage market before considering your remortgaging options. Using a mortgage broker to remortgage will save you time as our mortgage brokers complete your remortgage application and progress it with the mortgage lenders on your behalf.